Friday, April 23, 2010

Childhood dreams

Entering college was always one of those things I looked forward to when I was a child. I remember me and my best friend sleeping over each others house talking about how we would go to the same college and be roommates. But that never happened, we went our separate ways and life continued on. I was never one to dwell on the past but today I found myself doing just that.

So I went to Girl Scouts today, where I lead my troop in a long list of acting activities, and everything went smoothly. However, Amanda(my BFF from Elementary to Freshman year of High School) came by and with her she had bubbles. It must have been an odd sight for any bystanders as we created bubbles (the ones she brought spilled) from hand soap and water and then proceed like squealing children to blow bubbles at the other. It was fun. In the end we were outside of the school continuing our antics like we were five again, I felt like I was five again. No teenage drama, no adulthood problems; it was a beautiful day.

The day continued as she came over to pick up girl scout cookies and I coaxed her into playing a little rockband where I made a fool out of myself with my atrocious singing. After many laughs and a few snickering puns thrown at my brother- he could sing paramore perfectly we left.

Her Grandmother's house was our newest destination as we walked talking about old childhood memories and about what had happened in the 4 years we had spent apart. She was my best friend and even after being apart for so long I still feel an odd friendship that can never quite be broken with her.

As we reached her house we sat and ate dinner poking fun at each other and bring up odd animals like a platypus and how awesome it was. Honestly I'm amazed at how I was still able to keep such a childhood conversation alive- normally I'd have retorted with a sarcastic remark and had been done with it. We flicked markers at each other, played bubbles, and even played 'bop it'. However, the real aspect of this blog happened just before I left.

Prom, when we were younger we decided we'd crash each others and go together as Best Friends. But as time went by we went our separate ways and we never did get to do that. However I was asked by someone a year younger than me to attend prom with him as a friend. I agreed, but now I think that childhood dream might just come true. Amanda and I have decided to crash prom together to appease the child we were and always will be.

The point of this winded blog is that no matter what those stupid childhood dreams, and those old best friends always stay with you. I really hope this works, because if it does then it means that dreams really do come true, even if its only sometimes. Somehow I think its almost perfect that I went to Berkeley college, and I have the schedule I do now, because if not I would have been in class today.

Wise words of the day are: Dreams do come true, just not in the way you foresee them to.


No comments:

Post a Comment