Thursday, April 22, 2010

Youtube, and a nation of idiocracy

To start off, I love youtube. Its a very useful and entertaining site where you can find videos of a large array and connect with people via video relations from all over the world. However, I hate how much useless information and stupid videos clog up such an amazing sight. By all means I am not saying youtube should limit those who submit videos because... well I'm an American and I love my freedom of speech... but someone should limit the tags they use.

Youtube should compile sections where technology related videos, and childish rendition of technology are separated, because simply allowing people to click 'technology' means as a user I get hit with loads of kids doing stupid videos because someone decided 'hey lets give Jimmy a camera'. Ok, I realize that was a tad mean... But it's so irksome when I somehow wind up seeing a video, in the technology section, about kid doing God know what with a phone...Somehow my entire economics class wound up watching this because the teacher couldn't find the right video.

The only thing worse than these dreadfully off topic videos I have to scan through in order to find that tidbit of useful information is... idiots. Again, that seems a bit harsh. It's just that I can not stand dealing with a person who starts a conversation about how "Awesome the healthcare plan is" and when I retort "Not really" they call me a racist. Personally, the fact that everyone assumes by disagreeing with Obama you are a racist, is in itself fueling racism. I don't like the health care because I think its a bad idea because it requires a dramatic cut in the military funds... someone needs to be America! I'll explain the healthcare issue at a later date though...

As I was saying, people who talk about things they don't know are the 'idiots' that I trully despies. If you don't know what a topic is about then don't talk about it, or just admit and ask. chances are by learning you can formulate your own opinion.

And for todays words of Jessica: Genius is not knowing, learning, and then formulating your own opinion; not simply knowing and stating.

No comments:

Post a Comment