Friday, April 30, 2010

Contemporary Art in Society

Yesterday I found myself in my lovely art class- one which I didn't realize I was in until the first day. Regardless its a really cool class with an amazing teacher- John Borba- and its rarely a dull moment because he knows how to entertain.

But I digress, the class all filed in everyone too their seat and I pulled out my laptop out of habit. Then when the teacher went to use the computer BAM broken... No internet meant no lesson... Low and behold my MacBook Pro was internet capable and saved the day! So as I went about pulling up all the information he needed. I think that is another MAJOR SCORE for my Mac vs. PC score board ey?

So after the technical work was done the class moved outside to the wonderful parameter of Downtown New York City. We headed towards the Elevated acre a park two stories above ground level and I must say it was Beautiful. The plants were perfectly positioned and if you subtracted the other classmates it was absolutely amazing. Very quiet and a perfect place to write. I'm thinking of heading back there on tuesday in hopes to get the rushed draft of my second story underway.

On that note, I gave my english Professor my first story today all 15 pages of it. She just looked at me like I was insane... I don't think I am. The reason I gave it to her was because the week before she saw me correcting it and made a comment that she'd love to see the finished one. GO figure she thought I was writing it for some other class and not for fun. Her face was amazing, she was stunned to see a student who writes for fun. She told me she'd be glad to correct it when she gets the chance and that she looks forward to reading it.

Honestly, I look forward to some harsh criticism though I don't think she will be too hard on it. I want someone to tell me the character is underdeveloped or something, but alas most people don't want to hurt my feelings.

Today's random piece of unrelated information comes from The Sword of truth- Wizard rule #5: "Watch what people do not what they say because their deeds will betray their lies."

No comments:

Post a Comment