Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bad day yesterday,

Hello guys, so yesterday was Cinco De Mayo and I was ecstatic seeing as my friend throws a party for it every year since his middle name is Cyncro and he believes it to be his holiday. Regardless it was all suppose to be so much fun and when it was at first! We went out to Fridays, had lots of candy, we all wore out Power rangers shirts (I was red!), and everything seemed to be going good. Then, it started getting late and BAM psycho parental is calling me like crazy. To all international students... You guys are lucky.

I shouldn't say that, I love my family but in truth 21 missed calls later I wanted to die just a little... Only bright side about it was school for me finishes early on wednesday so I did have a decent amount of time to spend with my friends. I only wish I didn't have to deal with Nazi parents breathing down my neck for no apparent reason... *growls at computer*...
~~~TOPIC CHANGE~~~
Heh, I figured I'd warn you this time...

So, in Economics today I was still fairly bummed out about the whole parental issues I am currently battling and has become the quiet brooding chick I started out on day one as. To say the least its not very fun when I'm in the mode. However, about 10-20 minutes into the class my 'friend' asks to borrow my laptop, with a shrug I say sure. One glance later and we are in a full out commentary about World of Warcraft. Somehow we started talking about the economies within the servers and my teacher was wondering why people would play a game so confusing. My only response was, "It's easy really..."

After that lovely conversation everything seemed a little better, who knew economics would be my favorite class... In truth I just love the way its so comfortable and free. I have a decent conversation with someone every time I go into that class- I enjoy it! Although I have a project for said class which I should PROBABLY be doing right now. I do well under pressure though ^.^.

Todays words of advice run deep within me today, I thought about it last night and its been playing in my head.

If someone you know is bothersome and a burden to you why bother including yourself in that persons life- especially if they are happy? The purpose of life is to be happy where you are, no matter where that maybe. However, human nature is to divulge itself in misery. Just like in
economics where scarcity exists because we have unlimited wants, I think problematic situation are ever so similar to this concept.

Ok, so those weren't words it was more like a rant so the ACTUAL WORDS OF THE WISE ARE: Hold on to happiness but embrace misfortune, because with it you'll fully understand the beauty of the world around you.

1 comment: