Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, I know it's odd for me to blow my own horn but since its now a day AFTER my birthday I figured why not. I am officially 19 and one day old! For those of you wondering, yes my birthday was on Mother's day which in truth kind of sucks because I had to work and didn't really do anything. I was sad about it for a fair amount of time because I'm single, lost contact with a close friend, and my close family was leaving to go to my grandmother's (for mother's day)- all the while I was at work where I didn't even receive a "Happy Birthday". So, to start off, yes I was alone for my birthday, but I made the best of it.

After work, around 7ish PM I decided to take a trip out to my favorite Pizzeria of all time- Original Pizza- and get a chicken caesar salad pizza and a bottle of water. Although it may sound odd, it was rather relaxing sitting alone that day, and with my little black book of stories I decide to scribble a few words down.

Alone for never, home together

Let us elope, they'll find us here

Fire lights the coldest corner

Giving an alluring atmosphere

Climb to the top of the highest spire

To feel the wind in you hair

You feel alive when you're rushing down

Your hands my heart-- we'll disappear.

It's unnamed and I know not what it is exactly but I see it as a selective few words I chose to jot down. As the words suggest I was not completely ok with the alone aspect until I received a lovely call from a good friend of mine who told me they just heard the most amazing song that defined me, I asked 'what?' and he proceeded to serenade me with "Happy Birthday to you..". Yes, it was cheesy but it made me smile to no end and I truly did need that. So, I dedicate this blog to my good friend, and 'not-so-secret crush' who shall remain nameless so I do not incriminate myself.

In other news Mideterms are coming up and with them loads of work that I should be doing. I have a report due for Economics on the 18th, a midterm for Business Law on the 17th, an essay in English due tomorrow, and three art essays due... I know not. I am SWAMPED! I'll survive though, just means I have to cut back on that leisurely writing, no more staring into space, and definitely no more video games of amazingness. I'll return to those dastardly actions in about a week or so when all the rush is over.

In weak relation, iphone OS 4 looks absolutely amazing! I mean, it's so utterly beautiful, and I hear Apple made the chip itself! Does this mean intel will be obsolete soon in Apple Computers? Regardless, dual application usage makes the ipad significantly better and makes me desperately want the newest iphone that is theorized to come out. I embrace my nerdiness, on a side note this is relevant to the before stated school topic because I choose to do Apple as my project in Economics. So I will most definitely be posting more APPLE IS AMAZING propaganda.

For today words of the wise 19 year old Jessica: Live in the now, because there is no definite future.

No comments:

Post a Comment