Thursday, May 13, 2010

By far the most interesting Art in Contemporary society class. A picture of a naked 'woman' is seen and loads of questions are raised. The next thing I know the Professor is screaming out facts of sex. I know not if these facts are true but according to Borba men think about sex every 20 seconds, and women every 40 seconds. I'd love to call this sheer contemporary Freudian garbage, but I find it to be true- much like the rest of freudian ideas.


In reality these were not simply pictures of naked women, rather they were paintings of muses and other inspirational characters. However, the unanimous reaction to it was quite childish and hilarious. The conversation then to another turn when we began talking about Eten Arcadia Ego which could be interpreted to mean "Death is also apart of paradise". What this latin phrase really means is that life is not simply about the ecstatics of this world- death is a phase which is apart of our life.


After that in-depth conversation I left my lovely art class rather bored yet self intrigued next on the wonderful list of activities English. I know I haven't talked about this class as much as I should- normally I tend to rant on my story at the thought of the subject. However, today I'll choose to be a good little blogger and remain on topic as I talk about my dreary school day. English was boring, utterly pointless and boring. I wish I could say I learned something, that some interesting conversation-however off topic- had enlightened me on some different views, but no such thing happened.


In class we went about taking a simplistic quiz, and then talked about sentence fragments and comma splicing. For me this was insulting. I know well enough when a sentence is finished, where a comma should be added and blah. Do review this in anything but an english 1 class is just horrible. But I shall survive, for as long as I know how to write I know I'll stay alive... ok, I'm done.


On a brighter note I'd like to dedicate this post to Jason, the person who commented on my last blog. It means a lot to me to know someone out there is reading all of this! Though I feel like this blog is all to mundane so I've decided to spice it up with an excerpt from my first story. If you like it please tell me and I'll begin posing pages up with my rantings.


The following is the main character ranting on society.

"They were all grey-scale creatures unaware of their own lives; they knew not their true value and lack of purpose within this world. These drones were worse than the computers they associated with and created, because even though those computers may have been void of all emotion, unlike these useless creatures, they existed with a purpose and a function. The mechanics of this world was based on the will of a useless being, which created arbitrary things. But at least those creations hadn’t a choice to survive, unlike their creator. These trivial creatures chose to live in this self-created degrading society. They chose to be the cogs of the arbitrary clock in this hell. I was not one of these nobodies, I couldn’t be one of them; I had a place, a place and purpose outside of the grey. With sad eyes I looked around at the bland world around me. I felt as if I was drowning in the normality, the schedules, and the purposeless activities. With a sad sigh I realized the workings of this bleak and unimaginative society would be my demise."


And for today's words of the wise: Love is not the disease that plagues us, rather it is the cure for our teenage boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment