Friday, May 28, 2010

A rant of mild importance

A few of my reader have commented on my ending words of the wise, and actually enjoy that best! So after some thought I decided that I would deter away from the classic purpose of this blog and go into a mild rant on a concept that affects every high school and adult mind alike- love. Typically I would break into song but I'll save my antics for a later blog.

I must stress I'm talking about that 'boy meets girl love', not unconditional parental love. As a
quick note, all hopeless romantics don't bother even reading this, you'll hate me by the end of it.

To start, I do not believe in love in its infinite form rather I find that it is a state of mind. When two people 'fall in love' they can just as easily fall out of it. There is no such thing as soul mates in turn, people say these things to reassure them that they have made the right decision in who they chose to consummate with. Now, let me stop making claims and back some of this lovely information up.

ON SOUL MATES
When I was a child I had my first boyfriend named Rob. We were only 12 and the relationship was never more than holding hands and talking on the phone all night but I suppose it was a feat for two 12/13 year olds to stay interested for 6 months. However, after those 6 months finished we decided it simply wasn't working out and we mutually broke up, or so I thought. Within the next 3 years I had kept in contact with Rob as we talked on the phone and he began taking a rocky path of drugs and alcohol. I'm not sure how many times he called me to proclaim his love, to tell me "a drunk mind speaks a sober heart", but each time I shrugged it off. In his mind I was his soul mate, his one and only he would go back to no matter what. Sadly he died later on from those drugs he used to 'fill the void'.

Lets say for a second soul mates are real, if so was Rob simply suppose to die and leave his actual soul mate alone for the rest of her life? Furthermore, why would 'God' do that? Punishing one innocent for the mistakes of another. What if they were both dead, was that some predestined design set forth to make sure they don't enter an unrequited loveless relationship? If predestination does exist, which it would have to in order to make the soulmate theory exist, then that would mean every action in your life is set forth and free will is a worthless illusion.

I like my free will too much! The rebuttal is then that you CAN meet your soul mate its just a matter of if you will- only a small percentage of the population will. I find this to be straight up horse poopy! The people who preach this are just trying to have something rare and nearly unachievable in my opinion...

So I figured every friday will be a new section since this rant has gotten a tad long. Until next time readers- LOVE YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment