Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 11

So we've reached the end of the 11th week, meaning one more week to go before its all finally over. However, in class my mind was on like never before as I felt like interjecting constantly within my art class.


Spirals, the professor said, have been drawn for ages by people who never interacted. Yet their symbols were all the same. He took this as an inclination that dreams symbols were all similar regardless of the physical connection, that as humans certain signs cross through generations, and traditions.


Sharply I bite my tongue. Perhaps they were stirring water and that is the pattern they saw. Or, if we must get into similarities of cultures, genetically humans are near the same regardless of race. Perhaps humans aren't as original as we'd like to think and people have the same ideas as us hundreds of miles away. I know, crazy thought right?


Ok, I'll tone down on the sarcasm now...


So outside of that lovely bitter thought class went smoothly, and as I write these very words I sit in my English class waiting for class to begin.


I haven't the fondest notion what we're supposed to do today, but when she gave me my 'told tell heart' assignment she told me I should save it and get it published. Funny how even my humourous work is good. I really do hope I can one day become a published writer, and not self published either. I want to be the female Dean Kootz of my generation, but I also want to be a lawyer...


Well, you now all know a little about my inner most aspirations, so I'll leave you with these words of the wise 19 year old. "Over-analyzation will be humanity's demise, and a humorous one at that."

2 comments: