Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hackers

So, I had a rather eventful weekend today. In truth, I felt like I was apart of a bad horror novel where a creepy stalker was hacking into every crevice I've ever made on the internet and feeding me my own information back. In truth, I wouldn't be surprised if said hacker is reading this- I partially hope s\he is. Where to begin...

I was walking home from a long tiring day of work, and being the obsessive email checker I am instinctively whipped out my beloved iphone to check if I had any new emails. As always my yahoo account was littered in junk mail which I began to vigorously delete, and when that was all done I switched to my gmail account where I had a scarce two messages all from the same email.

A foreign email address corrected one of my school pieces, a rather bad Art in Contemporary Society assignment, which I had produced a day earlier. Instinctively I wrote it off as being one of my teacher, he seemed to be the type that would offer such a correction, and in my tired daze I couldn't care much on it. However, as seconds ticked by something inside my mind clicked as a sickening case of paranoia began to attack me. I never gave in that assignment, I had only emailed it to myself.

Insanity is a sickening thing because the lines of reality become blurred in the worst of ways. I realize that now after everything is 'resolved' how overdramatic I tend to be, but I believed that perhaps I was being hacked by someone who knew me best. With a list of ex- boyfriends who would perhaps take pleasure in my pain I realized I deemed none of them clever enough for such an act. The beauty of the mind is how well it works under such extraordinary circumstances. In the midst of this, situation, I felt like I was in a bad novel, dare I say I owe this hacker thanks for inspiring me to write my second story?

Oh digression why must you attack me even now...

*is focusing* To make a long story simple short and sweet...

- Person hacks emails.
- Person posts an old description of me.
- Jessica gets freaked out.
- Jessica changes passwords.
- Jessica rants to friend, somehow gets idea for trashy overplayed novel.
- Jessica decides to undertake an elongated psychology project that will take years to complete.
- Person changes email passwords again.
- Person apologies and calls a sick truce.
- Jessica is irked and wants answers
- Jessica writes this blog.
- Jessica takes an odd pleasure in referring to herself as Jessica, and in this simplified timeline.
...(Might Continue)

Well boys and girls, if you're a hacker... I don't like you very much. If you're THE hacker who put me through all of this... Why? If you're reading this and like candy... so do I! If you wonder what I'm thinking as I write these words, I'm thinking 'I want a puppy'.

Words of the irritated 19 year old blonde who hates hackers: I am the protagonist in my own story, and you the antagonist who pushes me. We'll all see ourselves having gone through change and perceive ourselves in a new light. However, the others will all remain the bad influences that pushed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment