Thursday, August 12, 2010

Driving

Hello everyone out in internet land! So I don't believe I ever touched on one of my biggest fears-driving. Living in New York I always found everything pretty accessible through public transportations, but when I started meeting up with my friend Mathew constantly and the lovely mugging happened in BROAD DAYLIGHT, I found myself taking cabs. Now, each cab cost $16 going to his house and another $16 coming back. Such a large portion of my paycheck became cab fairs that I started thinking its about time I get over my fear.

So about a week ago I signed up for driving lessons... I was petrified. I never drove a car before, my parents didn't drive nor did my brother so this experience was a very new one for me. Sitting in the car I felt my heart beat pounding against my ribcage. "Signal left and turn out" the instructor said. I laughed dryly, I didn't even know which was the break let alone WHERE the signal was. As time ticked by I learned what little I could and soon I was rolling down the street in a whopping 10 MPH. The gas pedal scares me. So today is my third lesson, and hopefully my right and left turns wont suck. I don't know how many times I've felt like crying but waaay to constant that's for sure.

Wish me luck guys and for todays words know: Bravery is not having no fear, bravery is accepting you have fear and overcoming it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica, Good Luck with the whole driving thing you will get the hang of it. I grew up in Astoria Queens and like you always used the subway to get where I had to go and never though of getting a car. Why would I want to spend money on that! Anyway my family moved to New Jersey and then I HAD to get my licence. Now I would never go back! I love my Jeep and having the ability to go anywhere I want to go. You will grow to love this and wonder how you lived before without it! :-)

    ReplyDelete