Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New York

Having lived in New York my entire life I often wonder what tourists find so interesting in the grey jungle known as the big apple. People are constantly trying to scam tourists with 'gold' watches, or 'hot' deal, and yet tourist seem to enjoy every ounce of the trash people scheme. I mean, what's so interesting about staring up at a tall building? I just don't get it...

I've been to the empire state building when I was little, and also to the statue of liberty and what not. However, none of it was ever very significant to me. Their are only a few places that I can stay at for hours in the city, and my favorite one would be 42nd street's toys R us. The reason I can stay there for hours is because of the rather well kept DDR machines they possess and my love for pressing buttons. I don't know why but when I see a toy possessing lots of buttons I just have to press them all... I'm the girl you keep the 'red button' away from.

Outside of DDR at toys r us, my heart would go to the Elevated acre in downtown manhattan. Its a beautiful peaceful grassy area located 2 stories above the ground filled with trees, grass, and benches. Its never over populated and its always perfectly clean, to me the ElEvated acre is a must see. However to tourists, its too much like home I suppose.

Todays words of the wise: We always want what we don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment