Monday, August 16, 2010

Long Distance Relationships and Boredom

Hey guys, so I know I haven't been very personal on these blogs and I never really talked much about my personal life. Well, awhile ago I started dating a guy younger than me named... Well, his name isn't important. Just know, that he's a great guy and I think that if I believed in love then this would be it. Don't mistake me for a hopeless romantic, he's not my first 'love', and I'm not changing my subscription that 'love' is something Hollywood created.

But I digress, I haven't seen this lovely guy in about 3 weeks because he has moved to Ohio. I don't believe long distance relationships can work, and even though we have been dating 3 months prior to him moving I feel as if distance and time will be the end of this connection. He'll be going to school in New York which is good, but I can't help but feel when Winter break comes not seeing him for 2 months will be the end of this.

I know I'm probably being overdramatic, and I know people have definitely made worse situations work... but I don't like it. His mother loves me though. That's a major benefit from the last relationships. She's threatened me that if I don't come visit her she'll drag my sorry butt to Ohio and never let me leave. But, I have a job and school at no point can I just take off and visit Ohio. Although I do believe my schedule permits for me to go galavanting.

After all, I only have classes on tuesday and thursday meaning I have a 4 day weekend every week. Pretty spectacular no? So I'll try my best to make all of this work but, with the summer boredom kicking in I just feel extremely bitter for him being in Ohio.

Words of the wise: Everyone is childish, so don't bother fighting against it-- because that would be childish.

No comments:

Post a Comment