Thursday, August 5, 2010

Online courses- "Road to success"

So, as I posted in my last blog I decided that since I have a 3 hour break in between my classes I would take an online course so I would have a total of 16 credits instead of just 12. However, before I can take an online course I had to pass the non-credit class 'Road to Success'. When I found this out I quickly decided to have administration register me for the class so I can take it now.

When I started the course work I noticed that their are only four assignments I must complete in order to be able to take the class. Two writing assignments, one discussion board post, and a 50 question test. So last night I decided I could most definitely dissolve this course-load and began at my work.

The firs assignment asked what I thought the benefits of Online classes were. For that I wrote the following:
Online learning has become progressively more popular as the years go by because students recognize the major benefits of utilizing online courses. Instead of spending an extra $4.50 in traveling expenses, and even more on wasted time many students are choosing to simply log on to their computers when it’s convenient for them.
The flexibility of when and where you must be, allows the student to be free from the normal constraints of schooling. With online courses you are able to access your course work from any location with an Internet connection. So if you’re an intense traveler you don’t need to sacrifice your education. Furthermore it forces you, the student, to accept responsibility. As an online student it is up to you to make the time to and schedule in order to do your work in a timely manner.
Another benefit towards online education is the convenient time schedules you can set up for yourself. The fact that your class is not set at any specific time and you can gain access to course material whenever you so choose is a great benefit towards the student. I myself find myself leaning towards Online Education because I have a 3-hour time slot in my current schedule, which I could fill with online course work.

Although there are many benefits to online education I find that Flexibility and Convenience are the most important. I find this to be true because they are the reason I have decided to so avidly undertake this very course, they are in turn the reason I am typing these words, which you are reading. The ability to choose when and where I can do my work seems, to me, to be a very valuable asset.

The other assignment was about using the library tab which was a short and sweet essay comparing it to google. The 50 questioned test was VERY simple because the answer was true for everything except on question. Lastly I had to post on the discussion board why I think online courses are best for me.

The entire course work took me an hour to complete so I suggest everyone take the "Road to Success" course. After all, if you ever want to set your schedule up so you only have to go to class two days a week its very beneficial.

Today's words of the wise: Everyone is a little neurotic sometimes, as long as you can recognize your neuroticism you can overcome your doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment