Friday, September 3, 2010

What I want to do...

Hey guys, I realized I never really touched on what I wish to do with my life and although I am an accounting major this defines very little about what I wish to do.

As some of you may have guessed I am very passionate about writing and take pleasure in simple storytelling and overdramatizing daily activities. I love writing, yet I will never do it as a career because I find being forced to write will destroy all the emotion I have towards it. My father is a photographer and I never see him take pictures for simple pleasure anymore, and although he loves his job it is still a job meaning he is forced to compromise his views often. From this I have learned that perhaps you shouldn't work as what you love because you risk loving it.

However, I do not plan on having my miraculous articulation skills go to waste in some dead end job. I want to be a lawyer who will argue her way through the legal system pursuing the masses to see her side. I've always enjoyed arguing and turning words against people and I am always told I have a natural ability to argue and win against foes, so being a lwayer just seems to be the logical decision.

I do plan to write while I am a lawyer, though. In my fantasy world where everything goes according to plan I'll publish a book or two while I work as a lawyer and never become rich off of it, but one day someone would do a report on one of my books. However, this is in my fantasy world...

Words of the wise: Dream big, and live trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment