Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is more less?

I know this is probably a very hard to discuss topic but I need to know... Is more sometimes less? I know, confusing way to word things but I can't think of a better way to word it. The reason I ask this is because at work I was written up for my outfit which was a red shirt, black leggings, and red shorts over the black leggings. Yes, the shorts were VERY short, but I was wearing leggings so what did it matter? That was my logic, I was in fact wearing more clothing than required because I have worn just leggings and a shirt before and received no 'write up'. Apparently someone (an annoying coworker) has complained that I was wearing short shorts which was against dress code. Mind you that this coworker had worn leggings numerous times.

To make a long story short because I wore the shorts I was pulling more attention to my rather voluptuous behind. I understand this, but why is it that wearing more clothing counts as wearing less at times? I mean under this same principal leggings should be like walking around pants-less.

I suppose I need the 'male' point of view on this so please comment. Also, all fashion majors please explain the concept of accessorizing adding 'less' to an outfit.

Words of the wise: Red shorts are a nono at work >.>

No comments:

Post a Comment