Thursday, September 23, 2010

Statistics is a no go...

So, remember how I talked about taking an online course and what not. Well, they finally posted up the basic information about what I'll be needing for the class and what not. So I check the required Textbook and see that theirs also a software we must buy with the textbook and in big bold letters the teacher writes "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH APPLE".

You must be friggin kidding me. I have been running Apple computers since my childhood I remember the imac g3 and its big bulky backing and pretty blue see-though windows, I remember the powermac laptops, and my first laptop the g4 macbook. All of the technology in my home tends to be decorated in a little apple logo and even these very words I type are written on my beloved macbook pro. So for someone to tell me that a program simply wont work with my computer but still require me to take the class I'm a -tad- upset.

Obviously the teacher wasn't the most computer literate and she meant that it doesn't run on Apple operating systems- the beloved OS. So the simple way of going around this is to use bootcamp (a free apple program), and run windows on my computer. Sadly I've sworn to never run such a horrible operating system on my beloved computer-- Its just not cool...

Words of advice: Find out the required computer before enrolling in a class...

No comments:

Post a Comment