Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 2 Ethics and Business Law II

So, just like on last Tuesday I find myself in the midtown manhattan library writing to you guys about how my day has been so far. To start I suppose I should talk about Business Law II and Ethics which I had also yesterday but I didn't mention.

Nothing significant happened in Business Law II because the professor hadn't posted the syllabus yet and just generalized what the class would be about. However, I do find that he seems like a funny guy and that I think he'll make this class a very interesting one. One of the things he asked when he started the class off was if the stand fell on him and broke his nose could he sue. The answer was no because he is an employer for Berkeley college and would receive workers compensation instead.

Ethics was slightly more involving because the professor ignited my argumentative side and caused me to inquire on how he can personally claim that humans are good by nature. He claimed that as children we have an innate sense of fair and unfair and because of that we are good by nature but occasionally flawed. My rebuttal was simply a child only cares when they themselves are the one being treated unfairly. If they are the favored child then they wouldn't complain. It is because of this, that my conclusion is humans by nature are governed by self interest.

As for my second day of Principals of Finance it started of pretty bad but ended pretty good. I was late for the class at first because of the horrible rain and slow train service and got the glare of death from the professor when I walked in. However once I opened up my laptop and organized all my things the professor called on me to answer a series of questions. Luckily for me being the nerd I am I had done the assignments 2 in advance so I knew everything he was talking about even though I hadn't heard the previous discussion.

After proving my knowledge to the professor class continues up until break where I had a slight conversation with another student- his name eludes me. He was a senior in Berkeley and asked if he could check the questions he had for the first assignment with mine because he used the book in the school library. I obliged and showed him the questions which were the correct ones he was suppose to do. In the end we had a brief conversation on the price of textbooks and I offered to send him the correct question for the first two assignments so he would be able to do his homework while he waited for the next textbook.

Words of the wise: Make friends with people who you may need in the future its called networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment