Thursday, October 7, 2010

Accelerated Courses

This semester I decided to not only take my first online course, but also my first accelerated course. An accelerated course last half the normal term but is worth the same amount of credits. However, it is said that the work is a lot harder because is tightly packed in all at once.

This being only the second week I have already taken 1 GHA, been required to write 8 discussion board posts(I wrote more than 8 though), handed in a 1-2 paged homework assignment, and read a total of 4 chapters. I must say in comparison to my regular ethics course it seems to be very fast paced.

The reason I bring up my regular ethics course is because the online accelerated course is business ethics and I find the two are closely related. So far in ethics all we've done is review the international declaration of human rights. Personally I find myself taking a shine to the fast paced online accelerated course because I enjoy doing my work when I am free, rather than attending a class every certain day at a set time.

Furthermore I find the discussion board to be my most favorite tool in all of blackboard because it forces students to interact and have a discussion about a posed question. I for one enjoy this because theirs no awkward pause like their is in class in, which the professor must mediate. Perhaps its because I'm a thriving girl who lives off of the computer age, but I love the ideas behind it.

Grade wise in the class I have gotten a 92 on my GHA, a 100 on by written assignment, and complete 4/4 on my discussion board posts. So with a positive view I hope that I can achieve my first A on an online course!

Todays words of the wise: "Life is what happens while your trying to please everyone else." John Lenin

No comments:

Post a Comment