Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Zumba and Scrabble

Hey guys so, for once I'm actually posting from the comfort of my own home, and I just felt a dire need to mention how much I love Zumba.

Zumba is a fairly new workout class that involves a mixture of different dancing, though hip hop and latin seem to be most prominent, and I must say it doesn't feel like a workout. I genuinely feel like I'm just hanging out and dancing with a bunch of friends. Its so unlike most step classes where your eyes will dart occasionally to the clock. Zumba is like having a party where you just dance and have fun. Oh, and for the record the dances aren't the classic stretches that most aerobics classes call 'dancing'. In Zumba you are getting low and shaking you butt!

Although it may not feel like you are working out it is a great workout nonetheless. An hour of Zumba burns on average 600 calories. From experience it also makes you just feel better with all the movement and catchy songs its hard not to smile and laugh.

Outside of Zumba I have become re-addicted to my most beloved board game- Scrabble. over the last few days I've played 10 games online and haven't lost a single one. I was wondering if their are any other Berkeley College students that like scrabble, if so perhaps we can form a little group within the school. After all, their is club hour still.

Todays words of the wise 19 year old: Always bring water when going to the gym, and try not to get sweat in your eye... it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. I think a Berkeley Scrabble club is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete