Thursday, September 23, 2010

Textbooks

So, textbooks... I hate them! honestly I find that I've bought countless textbooks for stuff I could have just looked up online numerous times and I must say it is very upsetting. this semester I won't be buying my textbooks until I absolutely need them because shelling out $200 for a pointless book I'll never use just seems like such a waste.

I find it so upsetting that companies overprice these books because they know college students are forced to pay the outrageous prices. Normally I'll buy e-books which should be significantly cheeper since they have no material cost but their only $20 cheaper than the hardcover counterparts.

The benefits for e-books over textbooks are the following: 1) No back problems by lugging them around, and 2) easy searching.

I hate the thought of buying more textbooks so I'll wait until last minute aka when a homework is assigned. Words of advice: Last minute might be a good thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment